Whatever your heating and cooling needs, it is crucial to select a reliable HVAC technician. This is especially true if you require a new HVAC unit installed since your new appliance will simply not work properly if it’s not installed properly. One way to make sure everything is done right the first time is to go with a NATE-certified HVAC tech.
The non-profit organization, the North American Technician Excellence (NATE), offers certification to HVAC technicians practicing in North America. To qualify for NATE certification, technicians must pass multiple tests that prove their industry knowledge and skill set.
After everything is done, NATE issues certification to HVAC techs who passed the exam. You have a higher chance of being hired by HVAC contractors since they know that you can provide excellent service to their customer base.
The following are the advantages of a NATE-certified HVAC tech:
- Better energy efficiency – An HVAC installation not done properly can lower energy efficiency by as much as 30% as reported by the U.S. Department of Energy. It leads to high energy consumption that is not good for both the environment and your finances. One way to guarantee that your system works at its maximum efficiency is by hiring an HVAC tech certified by NATE.
- Reduce energy costs – you can reduce your monthly energy costs by installing your system properly. Over the years, hiring a NATE-certified HVAC tech can ensure efficient system operation and keep costs at the minimum. Plan at least one tune-up per year. Even better, sign up for an annual preventive maintenance plan.
- Extend your system’s lifespan – Installing and maintaining your system properly will lessen its workload burden. If an HVAC system works according to its design, it will last longer helping you save money over time.
- Boost home comfort – factors like ideal relative humidity and consistent indoor temperature can boost home comfort.
- Clean air – Dirty filters or vents can send contaminants throughout your home.
- Safer home – Do not risk the safety of your loved ones with sub-par technicians. If your HVAC systems starts leaking carbon monoxide, it could risk the health of your family by causing an fire or explosion. Make sure you install carbon monoxide detector in your home.
- Fewer callbacks – NATE-certified HVAC techs often leave behind happy and satisfied customers than others without the certification. They can fix issues the first time around and meet their customer’s expectations. Thus, helping their customers save time, money and effort and take care of other important home concerns.
- Access to expert knowledge and advice – you can learn other important HVAC tips such as air filter replacements. They can also give you sound advice on how to lower monthly energy costs and improve the air quality in your home. They can give you plenty of valuable HVAC tips you can do on your own, so only work with the best.
- Peace of mind – the knowledge that NATE-certified HVAC techs is looking after your system can ease all your worries and concerns, so you can enjoy more in life.
If you want to increase your chances exponentially of having your new HVAC unit working properly, ensure that you hire a NATE-certified HVAC technician. Do not entrust your HVAC system to anyone else.